Another Perfect World – Watch It Here

Catchy title. I wanted to get the attention of those who were unable to view the Another Perfect World documentary I posted about yesterday because they didn’t live in the UK. Good news! I finally found it on YouTube. Enjoy!

Edit: I’ve updated this movie with a 30min preview from YouTube. Unfortunately the full programme has been removed but you can find the official website here.

1. Another Perfect World
  2. World of Warcraft Miniatures
  3. How To Rob A Bank In EVE Online
  4. World of Warcraft Music Videos
  5. 6 Player Groups – The Perfect Size

1. JC says:

Is it bad that it didn’t even occur to me to look for it on youtube?

Great find! Thanks!

2. Beej says:

Yay! I hope I have time to watch this tonight or sometime this weekend. Silly busy weekends!

3. Sharon says:

I thought the psychologist’s perspective was particularly interesting… “If I give an item a certain value, it doesn’t mean much. But when others recognize it too, it becomes truly valuable. It doesn’t work if you’re the only person believing in it.” I suppose that’s part of why we choose MMOs over single player RPGs?

I also enjoyed the discussion of whose responsibility it is to police a game. One of my earliest negative gaming experiences was getting deleted in a MUD by a “God.” I don’t think I’d agree that federalism is really how users control the game in WoW, but I can see how players affect the server socially. I gkicked a kid once for screaming at me in vent during a pre-made. Despite a warning and 3 day ban from Blizz, he harassed me continually until I had him blacklisted from every raid guild on the server. He ended up transferring.

Thanks for linking the vid, Gordon! Good stuff.

4. [...] of We Fly Spitfires points to a really cool and non-condescending documentary about virtual worlds, watching it now…. Oh, hai, Raph [...]

5. Hirvox says:

“This video has been removed by the user.”

6. Gordon says:

Yeah, looks like it just got pulled down from YouTube :( Shame. I hate region locking.

7. Submarine has published a HD Preview of 30 minutes on YouTube.

8. Gordon says:

Thanks, I’ve updated the post with the preview.

9. Bart says:

For me another perfect will always be world of gordonism.

10. Gordon says:

@Bart It is perfect isn’t it? :)

11. [...] I posted  an article about the documentary Another Perfect World a couple of weeks ago, I’ve wanted to post a BBC documentary called The Pleasure Of Finding [...]