World of Warcraft Is A Lot Like Cake

I can’t help it, it’s just so damn tasty. I know it’s bad for me and that there really are a ton of better things out there to satisfy me and maybe it will pass but right now, right this moment, I’m feeling it for WoW again. You see, I reckon World of Warcraft is a lot like cake. We know it’s for kids, we know it’s not healthy and too much of it will leave us overweight, spotty and alone, yet deep down inside we all crave it.

Starting a new alt (a Hunter – I tried a Shaman too but the Hunter won it out) has reinvigorated my enjoyment of WoW and my desire to play it. And I welcome these feelings. I feel like a fat kid trapped in bakery trying to gorge himself on sweet, sweet cake. Eventually I’ll either sicken myself of it and vomit or go insane from the sugary rush it supplies but right now I’m happy. This cake is oh so so good.

Hmmm, cake.

Cake! OMG cake! OFMG expensive cake!

Cake! OMG cake! OFMG expensive cake!

1. World of Warcraft Is Now Too Hard
  2. World of Warcraft Machinima
  3. Ways To Cheat At World Of Warcraft
  4. Priest PvP in World of Warcraft
  5. Would You Get An iPad If It Could Play World Of Warcraft?

1. xXJayeDuBXx says:

And another one gone, and another one gone another one bites the dust. Hey, WoW’s gonna get you too another one bites the dust!!

2. J. Ayers says:

Cataclysm has me drooling… Permanent changes to the same boring lands, the Abysmal Maw looks awesome! More storyline leaning toward Lovecraftian horror, and I can finally play a Goblin AND a wolf shapeshifter! Not only that, but the shapeshifter is the race, so I can make him any class (gunning for Hunter)… It’s like Blizzard sat back and said, “What do we need to do, to make John happy.” It’s a dream come true!

3. Andrew says:

The cake is a lie, Gordon… you know this!

4. The cake is with you, Master Gordon! Better leave that dark side!! ;)

5. Twan says:

Bored and only doin AH activity till Cataclysm myself. Maybe a new hunter alt might be the trick.

6. Marchosias says:

Hmmm, WoW has not been like cake for me since a few weeks into Burning Crusade. And even before that I’d unsubscribed to it. To me it was more like one of those fake cakes they use to make wedding cakes look bigger. You know, all frosted and yummy looking on the outside, but really just a cardboard form on the inside. Frosted cardboard isn’t my kind of cake :P

What does have my nostalgia engine going lately, though, is F2P DDO. Now I tried DDO way back when it was released and it was… ok, but not my thing. But just for kicks, since I grew up with PnP DnD, I tried the latest incarnation of DDO, and man I’m loving it. I’m not sure why, but it’s just been MUCH more fun than I remember it being when I first tried it. We’ll see – maybe I’ve only sampled the frosting and haven’t hit the cardboard yet. We’ll see.

7. JC says:

Cake? Meh.

I’ll take pie over cake any day of the week.

Does this mean EQ2 is like pie?

8. Rivs says:

Nooo WOW is like Pie. Gooey inside, rough flacky crust….damn I’m hungry now.

WoW is comfortable, like the underwear that got the holes, but it feels nice. You know what to expect, their not tight, their just right. That’s why its so easy to come back to. You know you should go out buy some new sporty underwear, but man these feel so nice.

9. Frank says:

Haha! That picture is great.

Sadly, for me, WoW is more like McDonald’s. A guilty pleasure, but definitely bad for you and serves millions with low-quality, high-accessibility content.

I lost my craving for McDonald’s when I realized I was having too much of it, prior to Burning Crusade. McDonald’s was making me gain weight and lose my marbles. I’m glad lots of people enjoy it, and feel its siren call, but it just isn’t for me.

10. [...] World of Warcraft Is A Lot Like Cake – We Fly Spitfires – MMORPG Blog [...]