My Goals For Age 28
Ding! Today I turn 28 years old. Having a birthday so close to the New Year is a double edged sword. It’s good in the sense that I have a solid two weeks of gifts and celebrations from Christmas until now but it sucks in the sense that I don’t have anything to look forward to for the rest of the year.
Turning 28 has given me moment to pause and look at what I want to accomplish before I hit 29. Here are my personal goals for the nex year of my life (in no particular order):
- Be a better husband.
- Learn Hiragana and Katakana script and 250 Kanji symbols.
- Implement another design upgrade on the blog by April 1st.
- Read 10 books (I’m a sloooow reader).
- Come 2011, I will be able to hold a full, basic conversation in Japanese.
- Hit 2,000 RSS subscribers (spread the word! ).
- Write two short stories/manuscripts.
- Play less but more quality games.
- Overcome my inane OCD and be able to leave the house without checking the door is locked 274 times.
Some are obviously harder to achieve than others but I want to give it all a shot. Honestly, I feel a little strange about not only revealing my personal life goals to everyone but also about writing them down. I guess it’s a commitment thing. However, by putting these down in black and white (or in this case, 1s and 0s), I’m setting myself up a challenge.
It’s good to have things to aspire to. What are your goals for the next year of your life?