How To Be Romantic: Celebrate Valentines Day In A MMORPG

Dearest wife,

My love for you is like an eternal well that spouts sparkly pink champagne love drops. I pondered many ways in which to show my deepest affection for you and pondered even further the ways we could celebrate our loving relationship together. A romantic candlelit dinner for two, mayhaps? Nay, too cliché. 24 red roses delivered to your bedside by a naked me? Non, too contrived. Some shiny silver jewellery perhaps? Niet, I know how you just deplore material things like diamonds and platinum.

But alas, fret not my dear, for I have foundest the perfect way for me to convey my feelings towards yonself! I shall spend all evening in front of my computer questing by myself in World of Warcraft in order to complete a series of trivial tasks and earn special “Love is in the Air” achievements. I shall then take some screenshots of myself receiving the rewards for you to peruse on your laptop alone at a time of your suiting. And thus through this bound our love shall grow ever stronger.

I can only hope that one day you shall find it within your heart to return this favour and shower me with the cyber affection that I so wholly give to you.

You humble and ever obedient husband,

Gordon

1. EVE Online – The Best MMORPG Community?
  2. How Important Is Intellectual Property To The Success Of A MMORPG?
  3. How To Encourage Grouping In World Of Warcraft
  4. The Most Efficient Way To Acquiring Gold In A MMORPG

1. jim says:

That sounds like a great Idea!

2. Ravious says:

Oh the line between satire and reality is so fine. =D

3. Brian Inman says:

She should really appreciate your creativity.

4. Rhii says:

I might have been this disturbed once before… :P

Not sure though.

5. Peter says:

You must have a very understanding wife. :P

She’s surprisingly patient and understanding about my geekery to be honest. I think it comes from the fact that even my levels of obsession and geekage don’t come anywhere close to the extremes that some people go to in Japan. I reckon she’ll put up with me so long as I don’t start buying semi-nude anime figurines of girls wearing school uniforms.

6. Rose says:

We always go for a meal on valentines, however this year we are going out tomorrow night because valentines is on a Sunday and as we all know, Sunday is RAID night… thank god I have a very understanding boyfriend hahaha

7. shipwreck says:

On our anniversary last year, I gave my wife a love note (in-game item) and a piece of extraordinary leather because 3 is the leather anniversary. She appreciated it and has both items in her housing storage. Of course, we still had a lovely night out but thank God I got her into LotRO.

Turbine is also having a Valentime’s screenshot contest so we’re trying to figure something creative out.

8. xorah says:

Just give her one beautifull flower.This means in my opinion the eternal love.Maybe i am too romantic.But thats what i am:)