The Best Of The Rest: Opium Edition
It’s that time of the week again where I slack off from blogging and instead highlight some of the mostly MMORPG related wonders of the web from the past week. Yep, I know what you’re thinking – getting listed here is like winning an Oscar, only better right? Damn straight.
- A lot of bloggers this week have been consumed with Allods Online, it’s almost offical launch and cash shop blunder. Petter, the one who does not fear mutants, sums up his thoughts on the game. Meanwhile Keen isn’t a happy chappy and doesn’t like the goings on with it’s overly expensive items. Our favourite rascal Syncaine even has his say about why the move has completely harmed F2P models.
- Google Buzz was another hot potato this week, some loving it, some hating it. Scarybooster reckons Buzz killed his Twitter friends (figuratively, not literally) and Pete from Dragon Chasers reveals how to hook your blog up to your Buzz feed if you so desire. Useful stuff indeed.
- Kirai gives us chocolate flavoured soda pop. Hmm… yummy.
- Ferrel from Epic Slant looks at the launch of Everquest 2’s latest expansion, Sentinel’s Fate.
- Wolfshead, MMO blogger extraordinaire, discusses the importance of newbie friendly games and starting areas and how Blizzard and SOE are both now taking note of the exact same thing.
- On an adorable note, the Big Bear Butt blogasaurus has a heart warming article about his son venturing forth into the World of Warcraft to slay bunnies (and other hideous creatures). For some reason my comments on his blog get eaten by his spam filter. Guess he doesn’t like the British much.
- And finally the genius that is Charlie Brooker discusses why he’s an e-book convert. His rationale? You can read trashy celebrity autobiographies with no one being any the wiser. E-books: hide your shame!
So there’s my hodge-podge pick of the week or, at least, what I can remember of it. I spent most of last week in an opium daze. I kid. It was more of a malaise than a daze.