The Best Of The Rest: Easter Sunday Edition
Ah, Easter Sunday, the perfect excuse for lazing around with la familia and stuffing yourself silly with chocolate eggs. Or, if you’re me, trying to explain the connection between giant bunnies and Jesus Christ to my Buddhist wife.
This week also saw April Fools’ Day rear its Pinocchio’s nosed head. It’s a great day and a lot of fun so long as you don’t want to trust anything you read on the Internet. I, for one, just assumed everything within that 24 hour period was untrue as every blogger, including myself, took it upon themselves to lie their arses off. Jolly good fun, in my opinion.
- Andrew, previously know for this excellent World of Warcraft blog Of Teeth and Claws, has moved shop and set up a new blog called Systemic Babble which looks at everything from his personal topics to society and politics and video games. Well worth checking out.
- The Nomadic Gamer looks at goals in EVE Online, a subject close to my heart as I had a lot of trouble figuring out what I wanted to achieve when I first started playing it.
- Werit casts an eye over the careers of WAR. MMORPGs, of course, not real armed forces careers.
- Ever wondered about the logistics of raiding on religious holidays? Rhii asks the practical questions.
- The World’s Strongest Librarian and personal hero of mine, Josh Hanagarne, releases his first novel, The Knot! I’ve already ordered a copy.
- Joshua says no to Ubisoft’s DRM. Go for the hilarious image, stay for the article.
- Need advice starting up an EVE Online blog? CrazyKinux has all of the answers.
- The Ancient Gaming Noob announces the winners of his April Fools contest.
- Chris from Game by Night has a look at gold farming.
- And finally Kirai looks at a Japanese April Fools of women vending machines. Excellent satire of Otaku chauvinism and Japan’s obsession with vending machines. Be warned: contains mild nudity.
So many excellent articles this week to pick from I feel like I’m barely doing the MMO blogosphere justice with this small list. Have I missed something? Why not let me know.
Happy Easter all!