The Best Of The Rest: Smack The Pony Edition
Y’know what I really love about blogging and in particular the MMORPG blogosphere? Just when you think the week is turning out pretty dull and there isn’t going to be any exciting news, some company goes and adds a new product to their virtual store and unleashes a subsequent barrage of ultimate nerdrage and debate in the process. Like a flower starting to blossom for the first time, it’s a beautiful thing to behold.
- Matticus buys a flying horse and feels ashamed, Chris links its purchase to virtual item inflation, Darren points out what you can buy with the cash instead and Openedge1 admirably suggests giving your $25 to charity instead.
- The Ancient Gaming Noob writes an amusing article about the much overshadowed Lil’XT pet.
- Not feeling the hype for Cataclysm? Syp, that strange and crazy guy, isn’t either.
- Tobold, in an incredibly interesting move, embarks on a journey into EVE Online. Here’s betting he ends up taking over the galaxy.
- Windsoar and Psynister both ask what blogging would be like without comments and if bloggers would be better off without them.
- What moral obligations do games designers have? Brian explores.
- Tesh takes a look at the Free To Play acronym.
- Tipa starts off an excellent series of articles about IP based MMOs.
- And finally, on a serious note, River, from A High Latency Life, writes a powerful piece about addiction.
I’m always on the look out for new blogs to add to my RSS reader (usually MMO related but I’m open to anything geeky) so if you have anything to recommend, please throw it my way. Likewise if you have a blog and would like to be listed on my blogroll (and aren’t already) just let me know. It’s now moved into my fab new chunky footer as part of some ongoing design changes I’m slowly rolling out.