The Best Of The Rest: Leaked Edition
Another week has past and it’s time to round-up some of the best articles from across the Net. This week was especially exciting for World of Warcraft as it saw a lot of hoo-ha (official term for a fuss) over leaked Cataclysm info and images. A few sites are already showing Alpha screenshots whilst MMO-Champion has gone full hog and shown, well, everything. Yeah, I don’t know how that ties in with the NDA and apparently neither does anyone else as proven by the 83 pages of comments on MMO-Champion, filled with opinions ranging from, to paraphrase, “Boubouille better get used to the company of men as he’s going to end up in jail” to “serves Blizzard right for having a NDA in the first place”. All I can keep thinking is thank goodness Blizzard’s Alphas are more polished than most companies released products otherwise the leaks might put people off the game.
Anyway, time for the link love:
- Larisa speculates further as to the release date of Cataclysm. Seems like my hopes for a summer release are dwindling fast.
- MMOGamerChick informs us when nerd rage is highly illogical.
- Some British politics as Charlie Brooker sums up our election leader’s personas.
- Tipa kicks off a fantastic series of IPs that should be MMOs.
- Ever wondered how to fool Gearscore? River is the man with a plan!
- Tokyo Moe gives us a Lady Gaga tribute video as performed by US soliders in Afghanistan. Not exactly sure it’s an appropriate use of military time but, what the heck, it was fun to watch.
- OpenEdge looks at the war of the failures: Warhammer Online vs. Age of Conan. My money is on AoC for coming out the victor.
- Syncaine provides us with a very thoughtful article about why raiders hate to the word “accessible”.
- The Nomadic Gamer ponders damage over time mechanics in MMOs.
- And finally, Game By Night is running a Starcraft 2 Beta Key contest! Go my pretties, enter now before it’s too late!