The Best Of The Rest: Really, I Don’t Know Edition
Even though Real ID hasn’t hit Europe yet, it was introduced to WoW in the latest patch a few days ago. It’s been met with some positive reactions, some negative ones, and has definitely keep a hot topic over the last week in the MMO blogosphere. Like most things in the gaming world (if not life), the fuss will die down soon and everyone will have forgotten about it. Still, it’s got me wondering what Blizzard have planned for the future. Not so much on a feature level, but now a complete gaming level. Could their Real ID system (which no doubt shall be integrated into Diablo 3 and Blizzard’s next MMO) be a stepping stone for them creating their own gaming monopoly? Guess only time will tell.
Anyway, here’s my pick of the past seven days. Apologies if I missed you blog but don’t fret!.. you’re still a winner in my heart.
- Ixobelle has a new job.
- Pitrelli takes a look at the upcoming WoW Goblin starting area.
- Amuntoth takes a look at the new Magic: The Gathering game.
- The Wonderful Mr Syp falls out with Turbine.
- Ferrel explains why we should play Everquest 2.
- Scrusi would pay to keep the casuals away.
- Real ID ain’t for Matticus.
- Tesh loves print screen, baby!
- And finally, Vicarious Existence presents a hilarious chart on the downward life spiral of PvP MMOs.