The Best Of The Rest: Why’d You Have To Go And Declare Independence Edition
Independence Day. Good film. Totally skyrocketed Will Smith’s career for one. Brent Spiner’s in it too, y’know. Hmm, I wonder what’s he up to these days? Oh yeah, it also marks some day when some bunch of colonials decided to break away from the Motherland and form some sort of democratic-country-thingy. Shame really. Imagine where America could’ve been now had it decided to stay within the United Kingdom. You’d all be sipping cups of tea from the finest china with your pinkies hanging in the air. But then I suppose we wouldn’t have had the film Independence Day. And that’s not a sacrifice worth making. Not in my book.
Here are your weekly links. Enjoy them well my pretties, for they’ll have to do you an another entire seven days…
- Tipa discusses the $25 sparkly pony equivalent that’s just hit Everquest.
- The Ancient Gaming Noob asks if he should put MMOs on his CV or not.
- CrazyKinux gives us some articles about the physics of EVE Online (if you’ve ever been brave/crazy enough to wonder about it).
- Pitrelli celebrates the first anniversary of Kill That Cheerleader. Huge congratulations!
- Brian ponders death.
- MMOGamerChick discusses being a girl and liking MMOs.
- Professor Beej destroys Twilight.
- Krizzlybear is in Paris, France.
- Kieron Gillen announces issue 611 of Thor. I’ve read it and it’s gud.
- Pid envisions a future with a free-2-play World of Warcraft. Heaven or hell? You decide.
- And finally, the Adventurer Historian gives us Conan the Musical. Sheer. Freaking. Genius.