The Best Of The Rest: The Good, The Bad And The Cockney Edition
It’s been another rollercoaster of a week both in the gaming world and my personal life. Starcraft 2 came out a mere six days ago (it feels like forever) and has been a bit of a hit by all accounts (no official news yet but word on street is that South Korea has suffered a 76.2% dip in productivity). I’m loving it so far. SOE also announced that they will be releasing a more expensive version of Everquest 2 designed specially to target new and unsuspecting players and have branded it as EQ2X, the X standing for “Extended Billing Plan”. Not that I’m bitter or anything, no sir. And finally I also had a merry little jaunt down to London to visit some Cockneys and collect my in-laws who are over visiting from Japan. So far I’ve managed to downplay my racial foot-in-mouth disease and have yet to spew some clichéd remark that offends their ancestors. Wait.
Anyhow, time to let the link love talk as we take a peak at my weekly roundup from across the web:
- Scrusi celebrates his first year of blogging.
- Stabs unveils The Hoover, his newbie friendly ship for EVE.
- Jay Moffit takes a look at Starcraft 2 and the worldwide impact.
- Want some Everquest nostalgia? Look no further than Complete Heal.
- Windsoar talks about gear, builds and guilds in WoW.
- Amuntoth reckons WoW is too easy.
- Tipa ponders the Everquest 2 Extended announcement.
- Everyone’s playing Starcraft 2 apart from Spinks. She explains why.
- Psynister writes up an excellent guide for heirloom items in WoW.
- Chris from Game By Night writes a very absorbing post about his adventures in Darkfall.
- Matticus reveals the new healing UI coming with Cataclysm.
- And finally Joshua Meadows announces his first piece of published fiction, now available on the Amazon Kindle store. Huge grats Joshua, I look forward to reading it.