The Best Of The Rest: Minor Makeover Edition
Continuing with my quest to deliver the most sexy and stylish blog possible (yes, even inanimate electronic objects can be sexy), I’ve put some more minor updates to the site live today. Probably the biggest change (for me anyway) is the use of Typekit to render the main title font and sidebar headers. Utilising fonts on the web is a real pain currently due to distribution issues and what not and previously I was using some code to generate my title fonts as images using PHP. Not only was that becoming a burden on my server due to increased traffic (and spam… lots and lots of spam) but it also makes the site slower to download for the user. Now everything should be a bit quicker and slicker.
Other changes include a more attractive nav and new social media links beneath the header. Not a massive change but a welcome one nonetheless. Oh and all of the adverts are now gone too.
Feel free to let me know your thoughts, likes or dislikes or if you encounter any bugs (I’d be really grateful if anyone got the chance to check the site on an iPad – not sure how the fonts will render on it).
Anyway, that’s enough of my rambling. We all know why you’re here! Let the link loveth commencify:
- Petter is in search of a true WoW clone.
- The Ancient Gaming Noob shares some news about a poor unfortunate chap who happened to lose a little bit of money in EVE.
- Andrew is not a fan of hype.
- Ysharros doesn’t think anything can live up to the hype.
- Syp defends the right to love the hype.
- Spinks shares some rules for enjoying the hype.
- Stabs reflects on the concept of hype.
- Ixobelle dispares over Warriors in PvP.
- Klepsacovic wants to want to die (I want to not want to die).
- Tesh looks at immersion.
- The Pugnacious Priest declares her passion for writing.
P.S. Thanks again for your wonderful design skills, Espen!