The Best Of The Rest: Kindle Edition
As I’ve pretty much told everyone on the planet already, I got the new Amazon Kindle last week and I’m incredibly thrilled with it. Ever since I had to lug around the megalithic Under The Dome Stephen King hardcover last year I’ve been obsessed with getting an eReader but unfortunately had to dismiss the notion completely because the availability of ebooks in the UK was so poor. And by poor I mean we had like five books available to buy, all of them Harry Potter (and, having attended a British Potter-esque private school myself, I’d rather eat my own vomit then read the books).
However, a couple of months ago my prayers were answered when Amazon not only announced the release of their latest Kindle in the UK but also their complete US ebook collection. Finally, almost all of my favourite authors were available in ebook format so I pre-ordered a Kindle immediately. Eight weeks later and I’m reading more than I’ve done for years and loving every minute of it.
But enough about me. Time to highlight the best of the blogosphere from the last seven days:
- The Adventurer Historian introduces us to Terminator 2: The Opera.
- Yetian contemplates marriage in MMOs.
- Ferrel shares some photos from DragonCon.
- CrazyKinux gets published in PC Gamer!
- Stabs reckons EQ2X is gonna be huge.
- Spinks shares some thoughts on blogrolls and social networks.
- Wolfshead reflects on the upcoming Everquest 3.
- Rowan looks at the cosmetic changes in WoW.
- Ysharros doesn’t seem to be enjoying the Final Fantasy MMO beta so far.
- And finally, Tamarind gets stuck in with an article on gender, responsibility, bigotry and blogrolls.