Feeling Hungry For World of Darkness

World of Darkness

I don’t know much about World of Darkness other than it involves vampires, politics, political vampires and a very loyal, slightly scary fanbase. It’s also, as far as I can gather, nothing like Twilight .

Far too many years ago, when I still a teenager, I remember being quite intrigued by the whole World of Darkness setting even though I understood little of it. All I knew was that it made vampires cool (in a dark and Machiavellian way) and was often enjoyed by Ann Rice fans and Goths alike. In fact, I had the pleasure of meeting some Vampire The Masquerade roleplayers when I was about 17 and they left quite an impression on me. Even to this day I still have a fuzzy memory of pale bosoms, fake blood and some melodramatic banter.

Since then, I dabbled a bit more in the World of Darkness mythology and thoroughly enjoyed the single player RPGs and even had a strange love/hate relationship with Kindred: the Embraced, the low budget TV show based on it. It was no Forever Knight but then things could match the cheesy, vampire glory that it offered. And yes, I’m well aware I spent far too much time watching late-night re-runs whilsy I at university in the early 2000s.

Anyway, I think it’s fair to say that even though I still don’t really understand what World of Darkness is actually all about (the TV show taught me nothing), I’m very much intrigued about the upcoming MMO based on it. Partly because of the lore and setting and partly because it’s being made by CCP, the folks behind EVE Online.

Although CCP went through a rough patch last year with their whole cash store fiasco (and seem to be constantly laying off staff), I still believe in them as a developer and their ability to create games that are… different. Love it or hate it, EVE (and all the Mittani related scandals that come with it) is certainly unique in the MMORPG world and truly the only real sandbox success story we’ve seen in it. I honestly hope that WoD will follow in the footsteps of EVE and be another strong sandbox offering.

The signs are looking pretty good too. For instance, CCP recently confirmed that the game will not only feature player elected leaders of real life cities but also a partial permadeath mechanic. Permanent death, now that’s brave. No doubt this type of full-blown sandbox game will put off a lot of people but personally I’m really excited to see a game trying some new approaches to the industry.

Plus, World of Darkness is going to have something that’s always kinda put me off from getting into EVE: a clean slate. Launch day is going to see a brand new world, unspoilt and uncharted, ready to be explored and pioneered. No big guilds occupying all the territory, no existing wars for dominance, no experienced hardcore players ready and waiting to wipe the floor with every newb who logs on. It’s going to be an open sandbox world for the taking with everyone starting at the same level on an equal footing and with no advantages. That’s exciting.

Are you looking forward to the World of Darkness MMO as much as I am?

1. World of Darkness MMO
  2. 30 Seconds of Darkness
  3. “You’re in Our World Now”: How Much Does Setting Affect MMO Enjoyment?
  4. Should I Get The Secret World?
  5. A Year Of World of Warcraft

1. amcl says:

Are you going to try out ‘the secret world’ too?

2. I’ve been looking forward to the World of Darkness since the day that Gary Gannon packed it in with the MOGArmy Podcast to take a job in Atlanta with CCP.

I don’t know that he even still works there…it’s been *years*…

3. pkudude99 says:

Not really. But I did pre-order The Secret World, and if that pulls me more into this type of genre, then perhaps when WOD comes out I’ll be willing to play it.

I have more faith in WoD than Secret World just because of CCP’s track record versus Funcoms.

• Same here, Secret World sounded interesting until I noticed it’s Funcom behind it.

As for WoD, the fanfest presentation made me cautiously optimistic. CCP has recovered well, and overall has a good record, I trust them nearly as much again as I trust Blizzard. So I hope they’ll do this well. EVE is wearing on me, and I love the WoD setting, so I’d be most pleased to make that my new home.

4. Lars says:

The only good MMORPG probably ever made… So can’t wait… Since 2006 waiting, now finally in “full” production.
    By the way, all the infos we know so far you can check out at http://www.themasquera.de/world-of-darkness

PS: Secret World was the only other MMORPG I was slightly interested in, but after the awful beta. No thanks.

5. SlothBear says:

A lot of the mechanics of the game sound interesting. I have my eye on this one, but it’s too soon to say whether I’d have any interest in playing or not. Player politics are always a plus to me.

6. Overflow says:

I’ll keep an eye on it and likely play it when it releases just to see how different it is from the standard in the genre. I’m more excited for the possibility that the game can be drastically different and still popular/profitable (another EvE) to help the genre develop, than I am in the actual content. Though, I assume that will change as I read more about it.

7. hordemaster says:

I for one am a big fan of White Wolf, the company that created the Vampire the Masquerade series of games. So yes, I would play this!

8. Rubel says:

I remember playing a little of the PnP games with friends and having some fun. The mechanics were an interesting shift from D&D. But while the overall setting had its points, I remember finding the Clans sort of heavy-handed. I guess they needed something to communicate a “class” role to a bunch of RPGers used to such things, and it gave them foils with which to show off their setting.
    But what really made the WoD come alive (undead?) for me was finally getting around to playing Troika’s Vampire:Bloodlines game. I played it later on, after fan patches had fixed the bugs…and it tells a wonderful story with sharp and tangy characters. The Clans seem less dorky when you see them as carving out niches for themselves in a rough world…and you’re given a choice to follow them or go elsewhere.
    It’s a worthy setting, and it reminds us of what both CCP and Funcom can capitalize upon if they make it an interesting world to play in.

9. Ravven says:

I’ve said for years that WoD was the IP that I would be most excited to see made as an MMO, and was extremely excited when the news came out that it was actually in development. I just worry that CCP treats it a bit like a red-headed stepchild. At one point, I’d lost hope that we would ever see it.

I would dearly love to resurrect my VtM character. <3

10. scott says:

“I hope World of Darkness vampires sparkle in the sunlight, just like in Twilight.”

I don’t think you get this series at all. The vampires die in the sun. Its nothing like twilight. This was the most ridiculous statement ever.

11. Find a good which usually takes into consideration your self- are income Preteen Model Lola Bbs this way, you never need to concern yourself with it falling out.

12. The benefit for such loan lies within the interest rate and the
    repayment terms and condition that happen to be quite
    flexible fleetwood mac tour london 2015 i borrowed
    $2,625 and set it up to become returned in 6 payments.

13. At least playing the game is available in the middle of the Seas allows the
    users. The gadget has been rated for 4 stars and not even a mobile device.
    But what sort of an RPG and Match 3 was just too much information given over a
    two simple ways. At any time and interest to get bananas,
    medallion, coin, you will never let you get 50 points.

14. Spectacular! That you don’t come by info like this simply and that I am grateful!
    Preserve it-up people!

15. Our mother employs it-all time for hearing music and has a Sansa Video.

16. COMPLETE TRUE wurde womöglich consequently zum Companion etwa von Mario Botta, Zaha architectual rendering companies Hadid, Norman Burns Maranta.

17. Wir sind die 3d Agentur mit der besten Qualität und den besten Preisen in Wien und Österreich.

18. Beautiful! You never come by data such as this simply and that I
    am gracious! Maintain it-up men!

19. youtube says:

It is so difficult to find valuable content but this undoubtedly qualifies as you.

Making certainly will definitely return soon and content!

20. Spectacular! That you don’t come by data such as this quickly and
    I am not so ungrateful! Preserve it up people!

21. I have often been requested for distinctive suggestions for personalizing funerals and memorial solutions
    without investing a lot of cash. I am heading to share five suggestions with you
    that you will discover helpful as you go about making the greatest
    tribute to your loved 1.

This reminds me of my buddy Ed. He’s a financial planner, and
    a damn great 1 at that. But the purpose he’s so effective is simply because his values (preparing ahead, environment goals, business) are manifested via his occupation. And I think the greatest businesspeople in the world are those who do
    just that: combine vocation with values.

A feeling of humor goes a long way. In fact some hospitals now have “laughing rooms” which I’ve study about, but
    not noticed. I suppose they have humorous videos.
    A good chuckle is a fantastic stress reduction. You don’t feel like laughing, of program,
    but do it in any case, and don’t be apologetic.
    It’s a physiological remedy to unrelenting stress that expenses less,
    is much more readily available and has less aspect effects than Xanax.
    When you go back again to your hotel room at night, lease the funniest film
    you can find and chuckle.

(eight) Combine, combine, combine – that
    is, like with any other form of social media engagement,
    put it everywhere. How numerous times do individuals have to see something online prior to they consider action? 7?
    9? Then get your twitter handle out there. Use it in signature lines, on company playing cards
    and, heck, even write it on nametags.

Second – the issues that utilized to function, the things that used to excite
    people about coming to church, the stuff that utilized to bring individuals to the healing
    energy of Jesus, now seems to be the status quo and
    are no lengthier operating like they used to.
    The people in my community that are disconnected from God are
    not attracted to our worship services any much more,
    no matter how related we make them. (This is not just my personal encounter.

There are tons of studies out there now showing that less and less individuals every yr
    are attending church.) They don’t care what the music is
    like. They don’t care how related the concept is. They don’t treatment if it
    is welcoming an inviting.

If you are renting space then you can of course skip this step but if you are getting the party
    in your home then it is time to thoroughly clean and child proof your house.
    You may want to use streamers like “police tape” cutting off areas of your home that kids may find their way into.

Also you will want to put absent any breakables
    that could get ruined by thrilled, enjoyable looking for children. May be you could use the streamers as a runway displaying
    the direction toward the star of the celebration- the birthday child.

But with each passing day of wearing a nametag –
    I was pressured to look deeper. I knew there was something larger at work.

And now following 3 many years of company and 5 years of wearing
    a nametag all working day, every working day – it’s time
    to go from experimental to experiential. The following are 7 beneficial company lessons I learned from sporting a nametag.

Does it all work? Certain it does. And it’s a
    great deal much more in the spirit of Twitter than just obtaining some generic and spammy automobile-following checklist to add your handle — briefly — to their list of who to
    follow. Don’t be that man. Be somebody who you would want to adhere to.

22. By incorporating influencers and contests into your Instagram advertising
    strategy, you might be tapping into two of the most highly effective ways
    to find new users and convert them into customers. For instance, I’m used to ‘retweeting’ and ‘sharing’ on Facebook
    but that is tough on Instagram with out the usage of a Repost app.

23. Hurrah! At last I got a webpage from where I be capable of really get helpful data regarding my study and knowledge.

24. Ideas To Assist You To Manage Your Diabetes

Also your mood, your overall health, plus your appearance,
    though diabetes might have far-reaching effects, touching every part of your way of life and influencing
    not simply your daily diet. It is possible to manage it, however, and here’s some useful advice for learning to tolerate diabetes as opposed to feeling like diabetes is defining your daily life.

It’s not the end around the globe. That’s the number
    one thing to remember when you’re diagnosed with Type
    II Diabetes! It is possible to reside a long,
    healthy life using this type of condition so long as you use the steps
    required to keep it in check.

Confer with your insurance carrier and healthcare provider to see if
    an insulin pump may well be a helpful and affordable thing for you personally for
    those who have diabetes. While expensive and a lot
    more difficult to maintain, it might provide the body using a more stable insulin level, which can be ideal
    for some patients.

Test your sugar regularly, and track the results.
    Keeping a log book of your sugar levels can help you and the doctor decide
    if your diet and medication plan will work to manipulate your sugar.
    It can save you money by sharing a glucometer with a family member or
    friend, as long as you may not share lancets.

An excellent breakfast food for any Diabetic is grapefruit!

It’s been proven to assist individuals with
    fat loss even if they actually do nothing else. Take care that you aren’t on any pills, like atorvastatin for cholesterol,
    which may have complications when you ingest grapefruit.
    It might actually increase their potency and potentially cause
    an overdose.

Search at online pharmacies if you’re not sure the best way to afford your diabetes medications.
    Many of these also have the option of establishing a monthly delivery subscription, ensuring you never
    are left without these important supplies.

Inform yourself so you are aware which foods are most likely to cause your blood sugar to spike.
    High glycemic foods are the ones including cereal, pasta, desserts,
    bread and juice. The greater number of processed the
    meals, the worse it is actually to your blood glucose levels level.
    Stick to natural and fresh foods instead when buying groceries for your personal diabetic menu.

To recognize foods which might be a concern for yourself, keep an eye on what you eat inside a log alongside of your
    own blood sugar levels. Before long, you’ll be able
    to see the effect that particular foods have for you. This is a significantly better strategy to spot problematic
    foods than an elimination diet, and can also demonstrate what
    foods benefit your state of health.

If you are diagnosed as being a diabetic it may be with
    your best interests to handle around a glucose gel.
    You only never know as soon as your blood sugars will jump, and consequently,
    when you may need a fast rush of sugar in your body. Keeping it
    handy will and may keep your life.

pen and Paper are the greatest weapons in defeating Diabetes.
    You must keep track of your exercise using a log, a diet diary to see the causes of you blood-glucose spikes,
    hypertension log, blood glucose reading log, and
    once you have your medications and just how much, you possess

In the event you have trouble with diabetes, an excellent tip
    is always to always include healthy carbohydrates in your
    daily diet. Individuals with type 2 diabetes
    who eat a minimal quantity of carbohydrates have really low energy and extreme headaches.

You ought to attempt to include healthy carbohydrates for examplevegetables and fruit, and whole grains.
    You will get more energy and fewer headaches.

When you are a diabetic who has never smoked, or who may have not smoked
    in a few months, you might like to engage with
    your doctor about utilizing an inhaled insulin treatment. Recent
    medical research indicates that inhaled insulin could
    be more efficient in treating diabetes than pills or injections.

It is essential that you get a proper quantity of exercise should
    you suffer from diabetes. People need exercise, but those affected by diabetes definitely need daily exercise to help keep blood sugar
    levels in order. When you battle with finding
    time and energy to exercise, then try walking throughout your
    lunch break, and always be certain to use the stairs when you are able.

The food you eat is just not the one thing that affects your blood
    glucose levels level. To aid reduce your glucose level, you should
    make sure you spend a little bit of time daily performing
    some exercise. Whenever you exercise, your body
    uses glucose plus it could burn the glucose even if you exercised round
    the clock ago.

Often, you can prevent the occurrence as well as reverse the onset of adult onset type-two diabetes.
    While type one diabetes involves a disorder of your pancreas and
    remains essentially permanent, type two diabetes is directly afflicted with the foods you consume and the exercise you perform.
    You put less stress on your system and might limit the negative effects of
    diabetes, by adopting a healthier lifestyle.

In case you are a diabetic considering running
    as an exercise replacement for walking make certain you consult
    your doctor first. It is very important make certain that running won’t get you to
    develop orthopedic or cardiovascular problems.
    Your physician can help point you within the right direction to guarantee safe
    running together with your diabetes.

|Although it may look rather depressing when you find out that you may have been clinically
    determined to have diabetes, know that you can still continue living the lifespan you might have been leading with just a few minor tweaks.
    You need to talk to a nutritionist that will help adjust the diet plan you are
    widely used to.

|There is certainly really no reason to transport a large ice pack along to
    keep your insulin cold should you be only making
    trips out and about for the entire day. It is far from a smart idea to
    leave it in your car simply because this can make it overheat, however.

|Facing a kid containing diabetes, make sure you not let that be
    an excuse for your child to never participate in activities that she / he
    will have normally done, otherwise. Children should not be
    deprived of their childhood, this is crucial because despite possessing this disease.
    This includes activities, like, engaging in sports
    or play dates along with other children.

|With regards to planning a diet for a person with diabetes, it
    is important to understand what varieties of foods will cause blood
    glucose levels to rapidly increase. This is
    important because sugar management is the key component to
    dealing with diabetes. Steer clear of pastas, sodas,
    and white breads.

|Take time to learn around you may concerning your disease.
    It will make it simpler so that you can know very well
    what is happening and why it occurs. Additionally, there are
    support groups scattered throughout the country that will assist you have the support
    that you need to handle this disease.

|In relation to organising a diet for a person with diabetes, it is crucial to know
    what forms of foods will cause blood sugar levels to rapidly increase.
    This is important because sugar management is
    vital component to working with diabetes. Steer clear of pastas,
    sodas, and white breads.

}When you have diabetes, always being prepared in case of an emergency or unforeseen obstacle is vital.

Usually have at least 3 days of your own diabetes
    supplies ready, and held in a location that could be easily accessed in case there is a crisis or disaster.
    This way, you may be prepared instead of distressed should something occur.

A diagnosis of diabetes often means you need to
    change key aspects of your lifestyle, like the
    level of exercise you receive or the types of foods you consume.
    Such change is essential for any healthy life, but can often be tough
    to maintain. Reach out to your loved ones for support.

Given that you’ve read the following tips, you might feel a tad bit more encouraged.
    There exists much that can be done to control diabetes.
    A community of people happy to share information and
    facts are how diabetes sufferers from worldwide can study from the other
    person about proper strategies to manage their disease.

Utilize this information that will help you with all the disease.